We were both very pleasantly surprised as to how well this simple grilled chicken flatbread pizza came out. There’s a great crunch from the flatbread, and some kick (we used a hot Italian flatbread). The savory garlic cooking creme was nice and garlicky, making for a nice combination with the grilled chicken. We’ll definitely use the cooking creme as a pizza sauce again.
If you can’t find the cooking creme to make a grilled chicken flatbread pizza, just use a nice garlicky pizza sauce. You can substitute rotisserie chicken instead of cooking the breasts. Just chop and toss with a bit of the dressing first.
Also try my antipasto flatbread pizza.
Grilled Chicken Flatbread Pizza
We were both very pleasantly surprised as to how well this simple grilled chicken flatbread pizza came out. There’s a great crunch from the flatbread, and some kick (we used a hot Italian flatbread).
- 6 ounces chicken breast
- 1/2 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 flatbreads
- 1/2 cup Philadelphia Savory Garlic Cooking Creme
- 1 small can artichoke hearts small sized, drained, chopped roughly
- Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons dried basil divided
- Place chicken into a resealable baggie. Add the dressing. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Fire up a grill for direct and indirect cooking.
- Place the bell pepper over direct heat, turning occasionally, until charred and softened.
- Meanwhile, sear the chicken over direct heat then move to indirect heat and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- Let the pepper and chicken cool.
- Remove most of the char from the pepper. Remove the seeds and cut into thin strips.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips.
- Bake the flatbreads per package instructions. Since you already have a grill going, just toss them onto indirect heat for a few minutes until they start to crisp.
- Spread the cooking creme over the flatbreads and top with the chicken, pepper, and artichokes.
- Sprinkle pizzas with the cheeses cook another 4-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the basil
- Note: You can use pre-cooked chicken and jarred roasted peppers if you wish. In that case, cook the flatbreads in the oven per package instructions.
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 653mg | Potassium: 292mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 959IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.
2 thoughts on “Grilled Chicken Flatbread Pizza”
Those look tasty and oh so easy, Mike. I might steal this idea. Did you mean to say to cook the chicken to 170F, though?
Well, you could certainly stop it at 165 F, and really, if you plan on using the chicken immediately on the pizza you could pull it even sooner since it will cook a little more when you heat the flatbread.