This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
We were both very pleasantly surprised as to how well this simple grilled chicken flatbread pizza came out. There’s a great crunch from the flatbread, and some kick (we used a hot Italian flatbread). The savory garlic cooking creme was nice and garlicky, making for a nice combination with the grilled chicken. We’ll definitely use the cooking creme as a pizza sauce again.
If you can’t find the cooking creme to make a grilled chicken flatbread pizza, just use a nice garlicky pizza sauce. You can substitute rotisserie chicken instead of cooking the breasts. Just chop and toss with a bit of the dressing first.
Also try my antipasto flatbread pizza.
Grilled Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- Place chicken into a resealable baggie. Add the dressing. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Fire up a grill for direct and indirect cooking.
- Place the bell pepper over direct heat, turning occasionally, until charred and softened.
- Meanwhile, sear the chicken over direct heat then move to indirect heat and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- Let the pepper and chicken cool.
- Remove most of the char from the pepper. Remove the seeds and cut into thin strips.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips.
- Bake the flatbreads per package instructions. Since you already have a grill going, just toss them onto indirect heat for a few minutes until they start to crisp.
- Spread the cooking creme over the flatbreads and top with the chicken, pepper, and artichokes.
- Sprinkle pizzas with the cheeses cook another 4-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the basil
- Note: You can use pre-cooked chicken and jarred roasted peppers if you wish. In that case, cook the flatbreads in the oven per package instructions.
Nutritional values are approximate.