This is the first time I’ve had two of the almost-same dishes on my go-to list. I’ve made my original sandwiches for years. They’re crazy good, gooey, and messy – all criteria for good eating at game-time. My Italian sausage sandwiches version 2.0 are very similar to my original version, but they use my Italian meat sauce recipe instead.
Like I said, these sandwiches are messy, so you know they are good. The more napkins you need, the better it is, I always say. The meat sauce is fantastic. I could eat it all day on anything. I make an extra big batch of the sauce and freeze it in portion-sized containers so I can easily defrost some for a quick sandwich. It’s also great over hamburger buns for an Italian Sloppy Joe.
Italian Sausage Sandwiches Version 2.0
- 8 Hoagie buns or sub buns
- 1 batch Italian meat sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese or a bit more, shredded
- Brown buns as desired.
- Top buns with loads of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese and brown under a broiler until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with lots of napkins.
Nutritional values are approximate.