This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
The key to this fantastic macaroni salad is the tang of the Duke’s mayonnaise. Regular mayonnaise just won’t give you that kick. If you cannot find Duke’s in your area, mix a little fresh lemon juice and Dijon mustard into your usual mayonnaise. It’ll be more like Duke’s but nothing, absolutely nothing, is the same as Duke’s.
This macaroni salad really reminds me of a traditional egg salad. Creamy, and crunchy. Well, and it does have eggs in it too.
Update: I changed to another brand of mayo! Oh no! 🙂
I recently discovered Blue Plate mayonnaise, which I think is the best around. If you can’t find it locally you can pick it up online for a fair price.
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 3 large eggs hard-boiled, chopped
- 1 cup celery diced
- ¼ cup green bell pepper diced
- 2 green onions diced
- 1 tablespoon pimento chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook pasta per package instructions. Drain well and let cool.
- Place pasta into a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir (gently) to combine.
- Let refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.