I was digging around in the freezer when I came across a container of leftover smoked ham. My first thought was to make your standard ham-and-cheese sandwiches, but after more pondering, I decided that a ham salad sandwich would be way better. And it was. So much better.
This ham salad was fantastic on a sandwich. Nice crunch, and a little kick from the Cajun seasoning (I used more than a dash). it’s also great in a wrap.
You can use precooked ham from your grocery instead of a home-smoked one, of course.
Also try my delicious ham and egg sandwiches.
Ham Salad Sandwich
- Pulse ham in a blender or food processor a few times to chop it further. Do not over-blend and create a paste. Remove to a medium bowl.
- Add the pickle to the blender or food process and pulse a few times. Remove to the bowl with the ham.
- Add celery, onion, mustard, and mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Gently fold in the eggs.
- Add Cajun seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a nice crusty bread or as a topping for crackers.
Nutritional values are approximate.