This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
There are a few variations on these chocolate chocolate chip caramel bars around the web. I don’t think it matters just exactly how you make these, they will be the best little bars you’ve ever had. They are gooey messy, very chocolatey, and just heavenly good.
Make sure these chocolate chocolate chip caramel bars are completely cooled before trying to cut them into bars. I was lucky enough to top my bar with some chopped pecans from my dad’s pecan trees. Some years he has very little nuts, some years lots and lots. This year we were fortunate to have bag after bag of great Georgia pecans!
Also try my chocolate-dipped peanut butter Bugles.
This recipe is based on a recipe from Deep South Dish.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Caramel Bars
- 1 roll chocolate chip cookie dough
- 10 ounces milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 11 ounce caramels
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Press the cookie down down into a 9″ x 12″ pan, covering the entire pan evenly.
- Bake for 12 minutes and remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, put the caramel and half and half into a double boiler and begin to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the cooked dough with the chocolate chips and return pan to the oven. Bake, a minute at a time, until the chocolates are melted.
- Use an offset spatula (or the back of a large spoon) to spread the chocolate out evenly over the cooked dough.
- Pour the melted caramel over the chocolate. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Place in fridge for an hour or until the caramel has set. Cut into small bars.
Nutritional values are approximate.