This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
These little sweetheart buddies are sure to be a hit with your sweetie on Valentine’s Day! They are chocolatey, crunchy, and sweet. What a wonderful take on the classic Muddy Buddies! I had no idea that there is a such thing as chocolate Chex cereal. What rock have I been living under? Not only is it great as a cereal, it’s perfect in sweet treat mixes like this one!
Sweetheart Buddies are fun to make and just as fun to eat. Make a double batch because they won’t last long.
- Place cereal in a large plastic bowl.
- Melt candy melts in a double boiler or in a microwave per package instructions.
- Pour melted candy over the cereal and stir to combine.
- Spread coated cereal out onto wax paper and let cool almost completely.
- Place cereal back into the bowl or into large baggies.
- Add in the cake mix and sugar and gently shake or stir to combine.
- Add in the M&Ms and gently stir.
Nutritional values are approximate.