Although I don’t eat fast food any more (or at least, it’s been years since I have), that doesn’t mean I don’t get a hankerin’ for it every now and then. Here lately I’ve been jonesin’ for a sandwich from Arby’s. In no time I was enjoying a copycat Arby’s Beef-n-Cheddar sandwich with a side of curly fries.
This copycat Arby’s Beef-n-cheddar did the the classic sandwich justice. And the fries were right on the money too. My cravin’ was satisfied (for now)! Also try my copycat of Arby’s roast beef sandwich! I’ve also made spiral fries from scratch, which came out fantastic!
Also try my fiery Beef-n-Cheddar.
Copycat Arby’s Beef-n-Cheddar with Curly Fries
This copycat Arby’s Beef-n-cheddar did the the classic sandwich justice. And the fries were right on the money too. My cravin’ was satisfied (for now)!
For the beef-n-cheddar sandwich
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons water
- pinch kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 4 onion buns
- 1 pound roast beef thinly-sliced sandwich meat
- 6 slices American cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
For the curly fries
- ½ bag curly fries
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- Make the Arby’s sauce by combining the ketchup, water, salt, and garlic and onion powders.
- Warm the buns in the oven.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the roast beef, cover, and turn heat to low.
- Meanwhile, place the cheese in a bowl with the milk. Microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring, until the cheese melts and becomes a creamy sauce.
- Slather the buns with the Arby’s sauce. Top with the roast beef and cheese sauce.
For the curly fries
- Bake fries per package instructions.
- Combine the seasonings.
- Remove the fries from the oven and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with seasoning and toss to coat.
Calories: 414kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 2725mg | Potassium: 532mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 593IU | Vitamin C: 56mg | Calcium: 736mg | Iron: 4mg
Nutritional values are approximate.
One thought on “Copycat Arby’s Beef-n-Cheddar with Curly Fries”
having worked at an Arby’s, the cheese is a canned cheddarish sauce. So a mild cheddar mix might be better. The red sauce, which is different than the Arby’s sauce is more of a french dressing base than ketchup. (think a French dressing based BBQ sauce, really) You might be able to use a good Russian dressing though…