This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
I make a lot of sandwiches. I try to mix up the ingredients to keep from them getting “old”. From the bread to the meats, to the cheeses and condiments. I ran across this great approach for a hot grinder sandwich on the Pork Be Inspired site and had to make it. It’s now my go-to way of preparing a sandwich. You can make it the “classic” way, on a loaf of French or Italian bread, but it also comes out great on ciabatta or any other good bread.
This hot grinder sandwich is great with any meat or cheese. The key is the sautéed green bell pepper and the spiced oil. The crunchy of the pepper really makes a difference.
Also try my one of my other favorite sandwiches, a stuffed deli sandwich.
Hot Grinder Sandwich
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat;
- Add the green bell pepper and sauté until just starting to turn tender, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the dried onion, oregano, and red pepper, if desired.
- Add ham and tomato to bottom half of the bread.
- Add pepper rings, and drizzle with the remaining oil from the skillet.
- Add cheese and top half of bread.
- Wrap loaf in foil and place in oven for 15 minutes or until warmed through and the cheese is melted.
Nutritional values are approximate.