This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
My wife absolutely LOVES Peeps. And now they come in so many colors, shapes and sizes! I heard the other day that they’ll soon be available year-round! That means you could make a toasted Peeps milkshake every day of the year!
One of the great things to do with Peeps is to melt them down (it’s sort of a sad thing to watch) into syrup for ice cream. Or you can take the Peeps abuse a step further and toast them and then make them into the world’s most awesome milkshake. You’ll never want a milkshake done any other way after you try this.
Toasted Peep Milkshake
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 20 Peeps
- ¼ cup milk 1% or 2% works fine
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream or more
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray lightly with non-stick spray.
- Place Peeps on paper and place under broiler for about 40 seconds. Keep an eye on them.
- Carefully flip the Peeps and return them to under the broiler for another 30 seconds or until lightly browned. You want them lightly toasted. I’ve found that if you toast them too long they melt instead of browning.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Put all but 2 of the Peeps into a blender with the milk and pulse for 5 seconds.
- Add the ice cream and process for 10 seconds. Add more ice cream if you want the mix to be thicker.
- Serve in tall glasses garnished with remaining toasted Peeps.
Nutritional values are approximate.