Roasting is my favorite way to cook vegetables. The flavors really, really come out. From broccoli to Brussels sprouts to cauliflower, you just can’t beat them roasted. And they’re even healthy (if you watch what you put on them). But they can get rather boring. These cauliflower steaks aren’t boring. And not only do they taste great they also look cool!
This approach to roasting cauliflower is super-easy, and very easy to change to suit your own tastes. It can be a bit challenging cutting the cauliflower into steaks but once you do a few you kind of get the hang of it.
Also try my Buffalo bacon roasted cauliflower.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Stand cauliflower on end and cut into 1/2″ thick slices.
- Place in a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes. Flip and cook another 10 minutes or until stalks are tender and florets are starting to brown.
- Combine the tomatoes, olives, red onion, one half tablespoon of the parsley.
- Add about a tablespoon of vinaigrette and mix.
- Serve cauliflower topped with the tomato mixture and garnish with the remaining parsley.
Nutritional values are approximate.