This is the perfect BBQ pasta salad side for a cookout. It’s a nice twist on your standard traditional macaroni salad (it has BBQ sauce in it!). Great with burgers, hot dogs, ribs, chicken… anything!
Use a spicier BBQ sauce for more kick. You can use homemade, but I was in a bit of a rush so I grabbed some of Weber’s Sweet-n-Spicy sauce. I also think cubed pepper jack cheese would go great in this salad, so I’ll add some next time I make it (which will be soon!). Roasted red pepper (or chopped pimentos) also adds a fantastic flavor.
Also try my easy pasta salad.
BBQ Pasta Salad
- 1 pound elbow pasta
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 6 green onions sliced thin
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce I used Weber Original
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce I actually used about a tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 handfuls cilantro chopped
- Cook pasta per package instructions. Drain well and let cool.
- Place bell pepper, celery, green and red onions in a large bowl and mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, BBQ sauce and hot sauce.
- Add in the vinegar, sugar, chili powder, salt and pepper, and garlic powder and mix well.
- Add sauce to the bowl of vegetables and stir.
- Add in the pasta and cilantro and stir gently until combined.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.