I usually make most of our meals from scratch, but sometimes I just don’t have the time. I scrounged around in the freezer and found a box of pre-cooked popcorn shrimp. Then I took a gander around the SeaPak website and came across this contest-winning recipe for great fiesta shrimp tacos. I had everything on hand except an avocado, so I made a quick trip to the grocery store and I was set.
And they were really, really good. If you don’t have shrimp, you could substitute chicken strips, fried clams, or fish or chicken nuggets. The crunchy slaw, creamy avocado, fresh lime and a tangy sauce really went well with the crispy fried shrimp.
Fiesta Shrimp Tacos
For the tacos
- 18 ounces popcorn shrimp such as SeaPak® Popcorn Shrimp
- 10 flour tortillas heated
- 1 pound coleslaw mix
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 large tomato diced
- 6 ounces black olives sliced, drained
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 lime cut into wedges, for serving, if desired
- Cook the shrimp per the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by whisking together all ingredients. If the sauce is too thick whisk in a tablespoon or two of milk.
- Spread a tablespoon of sauce over each tortilla.
- Add slaw mix, cheese, tomato, olives and avocado.
- Top with shrimp and drizzle with a bit more sauce.
- Serve with a lime wedge for squeezing over the taco.
Nutritional values are approximate.