This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
I usually make most of our meals from scratch, but sometimes I just don’t have the time. I scrounged around in the freezer and found a box of pre-cooked popcorn shrimp. Then I took a gander around the SeaPak website and came across this contest-winning recipe for great fiesta shrimp tacos. I had everything on hand except an avocado, so I made a quick trip to the grocery store and I was set.
These Fiesta shrimp tacos y were really, really good. If you don’t have shrimp, you could substitute chicken strips, fried clams, or fish or chicken nuggets. The crunchy slaw, creamy avocado, fresh lime and a tangy sauce really went well with the crispy fried shrimp.
Also try my quick fix shrimp tacos.
Fiesta Shrimp Tacos
For the tacos
- 18 ounces popcorn shrimp such as SeaPak® Popcorn Shrimp
- 10 flour tortillas heated
- 1 pound coleslaw mix
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 large tomato diced
- 6 ounces black olives sliced, drained
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 lime cut into wedges, for serving, if desired
- Cook the shrimp per the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by whisking together all ingredients. If the sauce is too thick whisk in a tablespoon or two of milk.
- Spread a tablespoon of sauce over each tortilla.
- Add slaw mix, cheese, tomato, olives and avocado.
- Top with shrimp and drizzle with a bit more sauce.
- Serve with a lime wedge for squeezing over the taco.
Nutritional values are approximate.