It was one of ‘those’ days. I was just way to busy too cook up a fancy dinner. Or even a marginally fancy dinner. So, quick fix shrimp tacos to the rescue. I had everything on hand already. A box of shells, some pre-cooked frozen shrimp, a bag of salad, and spicy salad dressing. That’s all it took to make light, crunchy, tasty quick fix tacos for dinner. Nothing fru-fru, just good and fast. Ok, I did add a few tortilla strips for color and more crunch, but that’s all.
You can of course substitute soft tortilla shells if hard shells aren’t your thing, but I like the crunchy contrast. But don’t get fancy. That’s not what we’re doing here.
Quick Fix Shrimp Tacos
- 10 taco shells crunchy, or substitute tortillas
- 1 pound shrimp medium sized, cooked, shelled, deveined, cold or warm, chopped if desired
- 6 ounces salad bagged, chopped
- 1/4 cup Hidden Valley Avocado Ranch Dressing or more
- 1/4 cup fried tortilla strips for topping
- Warm the taco shells or tortillas per package instructions.
- Place the shrimp and chopped salad into a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the dressing and toss to combine. Add more dressing if desired.
- Place the shrimp mixture into shells. Sprinkle with the tortilla strips and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.