I love a good bean salad. But, this isn’t a good bean salad… it’s an amazing bean salad. The pickle sauce is so tasty, a combination of sweet and vinegar. I could probably just sit down and drink a glass of it by itself. The sauce is what makes this 4-bean salad something special.
If I’d leave out the peppadew peppers this would be an above-average salad, and I’d be happy to take it to any family picnic or get-together. But, with the peppadew peppers it becomes something that everyone will talk about. They bring just the right amount of heat. They’re my new most-favorite thing. Perfect on hamburgers, hot dogs, in salads, on sandwiches, you name it.
If you can’t find peppadews, use the hot and sweet cherry peppers you can find at Trader Joe’s. If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s nearby, you can substitute chopped roasted red pepper, but you’ll want to add a spicy hot sauce to add some kick. This 4-bean salad needs some kick.
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- 3/4 cup red onions finely diced
- 1/4 cup peppadew peppers finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 12 ounces white beans canned, rinsed, drained
- 12 ounces chick peas canned, rinsed, drained
- 12 ounces pinto beans canned, rinsed, drained
- 12 ounces black beans canned, rinsed, drained
- ground black pepper to taste
- Gently mix all ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Toss lightly before serving.
- Note: This salad is even better the next day.
Nutritional values are approximate.