This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Nothing beats a tasty meatball sandwich. You can throw these easy grilled spicy meatball sandwiches together in just minutes. Although you could make this indoors, grilling the meatballs adds a nice charred flavor. Substitute mozzarella cheese and leave out the hot sauce for a less spicy version.
I used our homemade pizza and pasta sauce on these easy grilled spicy meatball sandwiches. I had a batch on hand after making some awesome pizzas the day before. And although homemade meatballs would be preferred, I needed a quick dish, so I used Johnsonville’s Italian-Style meatballs.
I recommend that you use a grill basket when making this dish, although I used skewers. It makes cooking easier and you don’t have to worry about anything falling through the grates. And cleanup is easier too!
Also try my quick fix super-messy meatball sandwiches.
Easy Grilled Meatball Sandwiches
- 2 Skewers soaked for 30 minutes
- Fire up your grill for direct cooking.
- Carefully poke the meatballs onto the skewers and place on the grill.
- Grill 2-3 minutes per side until lightly charred. Remove.
- Toast buns as desired.
- Warm the sauce, adding a bit of hot sauce, to taste. Stir.
- To serve, place meatballs on buns. I kept the meatballs on the skewers.
- Top with sauce and cheese.
- Return sandwiches to grill to melt the cheese (or put them under the broiler for 1 minute).
- Serve garnished with green onion.
- Eat by gently squeezing the buns together while pulling out the skewers.
Nutritional values are approximate.