I enjoyed this Hawaiian coleslaw so much that I made it twice in one week. I loved the sweetness of the pineapple, the explosion of orange flavor from the mandarins, and my favorite, the Maraschino cherries. It’s a nice tropical flavor all in a crunchy creamy slaw. I’d make this again and again, and soon. And best of all, I had all of the ingredients in my pantry (well, plus a bag of slaw in the fridge).
I make a lot of slaws, including this Hawaiian cole slaw, so I try to always keep a bag of shredded cabbage mix around. Slaw mix tends to last a lot longer than salad so it’s easier to store and keep fresh.
Hawaiian Cole Slaw
I enjoyed this Hawaiian coleslaw so much that I made it twice in one week. I loved the sweetness of the pineapple, the explosion of orange flavor from the mandarins, and my favorite, the Maraschino cherries.
- 1 14 ounce slaw mix
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 8 ounce crushed pineapple well drained (squeeze to get all of the moisture out that you can)
- 1 8 ounce Mandarin oranges well drained
- 1 6 ounce Maraschino cherries drained, quartered, and dried well wrapped in a paper towel
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Note: You have to make sure that the pineapple, oranges, and specially the cherries, are well drained before adding to the slaw. Wrap the quartered cherries in paper towels to dry. This will also keep the cherries from “bleeding” into the slaw.
- Combine slaw mix and mayo in a large bowl.
- Slowly fold in the pineapple, orange, and cherries. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill for 3-4 hours before serving
Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 222mg | Potassium: 8mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 24IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.