This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Nothing is easier than smoking nuts. I use my Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker, but you can also smoke them on your gas or charcoal grill using a couple of added wood chunks. Smoking nuts only takes 20-25 minutes. If you want your smoked spicy nuts extra smoky and extra spicy, add a bit of chipotle powder. You won’t be sorry!
This version of spicy nuts isn’t in-your-face spicy. There’s a nice subtle spiciness to them, along with that great smoke flavor. They make for the perfect party treat.
Smoked Spicy Nuts
- Fire up your smoker for 325 F cooking over a mild wood (I used cherry). (If you are using a Weber Smoky Mountain smoker, do not add water to the water pan).
- Place the nuts in a medium bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in another bowl and pour over the nuts. Toss to coat completely.
- Pour nuts into a disposable aluminum foil half sheet pan or pie pan.
- Place onto smoker (top rack if using a Weber Smoky Mountain) and smoke for 20-25 minutes, stirring once.
- Let cool before serving. Store in an airtight container.
Nutritional values are approximate.