Brownies. Pretzels. Nutella. You don’t really need to say any more about these little Nutella pretzel brownies. They’re a bit sweet. And a bit salty. And a bit nutty. They’re really, really good. The pretzels also add a nice crunchy outside, and the fudge brownies have a smooth, tender chocolately inside. Great for a crowd. Well, if you can keep people eating too many of them that is!
I have to admit, Nutella’s rather addicting. It was tempting to not lick the spoon while frosting these Nutella pretzel brownies. It took all of the energy I had to stop myself.
Also try my chocolate with Nutella milk shake.
Nutella Pretzel Brownies
Brownies. Pretzels. Nutella. You don’t really need to say any more about these little Nutella pretzel brownies. They’re a bit sweet. And a bit salty. And a bit nutty.
Servings 48 brownies
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
For the brownies
- 1 box brownie mix along with the ingredients required to prepare the mix
For the frosting/topping
- Nutella spread
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
For the crust
- Place pretzels into a blender or food processor and process until they’re all in small pieces.
- Add the brown sugar and pulse until combined.
- Add the melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Spray a 8 x 8 baking pan (or whatever size you wish to use, refer to the browning mix box) with non-stick spray.
- Pour in the pretzel mixture and spread out evenly. Press down on it with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until firm.
- Make the brownie mixture per package instructions. Pour over the pretzel crust and gently spread out evenly.
- Bake per package instructions. Remove from oven and let cool completely, at least 45 minutes.
- Spread Nutella over the tops of the brownies.
- Add pretzels for garnish.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
Calories: 68kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 6mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 22IU | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.