Brownies. Pretzels. Nutella. You don’t really need to say any more about these little Nutella pretzel brownies. They’re a bit sweet. And a bit salty. And a bit nutty. They’re really, really good. The pretzels also add a nice crunchy outside, and the fudge brownies have a smooth, tender chocolately inside. Great for a crowd. Well, if you can keep people eating too many of them that is!
I have to admit, Nutella’s rather addicting. It was tempting to not lick the spoon while frosting these Nutella pretzel brownies. It took all of the energy I had to stop myself.
Also try my chocolate with Nutella milk shake.
Nutella Pretzel Brownies
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
For the brownies
- 1 box brownie mix along with the ingredients required to prepare the mix
For the frosting/topping
- Nutella spread
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
For the crust
- Place pretzels into a blender or food processor and process until they’re all in small pieces.
- Add the brown sugar and pulse until combined.
- Add the melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Spray a 8 x 8 baking pan (or whatever size you wish to use, refer to the browning mix box) with non-stick spray.
- Pour in the pretzel mixture and spread out evenly. Press down on it with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until firm.
- Make the brownie mixture per package instructions. Pour over the pretzel crust and gently spread out evenly.
- Bake per package instructions. Remove from oven and let cool completely, at least 45 minutes.
- Spread Nutella over the tops of the brownies.
- Add pretzels for garnish.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.