I had my Weber Smokey Mountain smoker going the other day to make some Tasso ham and to smoke some beans. After the cooking was done, I decided to whip up this great recipe for Barb’s royal brownies that I found in the most recent copy of Chile Pepper magazine.
Since this came from a magazine devoted to all things zesty, I knew that the brownies would have some great kick, and they did. They were fantastic! Chewy, chocolatey, a hint of smokiness, and just a bit of kickin’ spice. Absolutely great with some of my homemade Neapolitan ice cream.
The ‘Barb’ in this case is Barbara Milroy, one of the owners of Texas Rib Rangers Products. Pick up a few bottles of their rubs and sauces, you’ll love them.
Making dessert on the grill or smoker is fun. Also try my grilled strawberry shortcake with lemon cream.
Barb’s Royal Brownies
- Note: Make sure your smoker is sitting on level ground so that your brownies cook consistently throughout.
- Fire up your smoker for 275 F. You can also use a grill, cooking over indirect heat.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over medium heat. Pour into the bowl of a mixer.
- Add the sugar, flour and cayenne.
- Turn mixer on medium and add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the vanilla and continue blending until well blended.
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ aluminum pan with non-stick spray.
- Pour in the brownie mixture.
- Smoke for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the brownies comes out clean.
Nutritional values are approximate.