Sure, I normally roast my garlic in the oven or on the grill, but I found this technique which uses a slow cooker to be completely fool-proof, and it has the added benefit of making the house smell wonderful all day long. Slow cooker roasted garlic is easier than the same thing made any other way. And cleanup is a breeze, too.
Slow cooker roasted garlic will last up to 1 week in the fridge. Keep the final product in a tightly sealed container or resealable baggie. Roasted garlic is perfect for making our roasted garlic hummus and roasted garlic salad dressing.
Slow Cooker Roasted Garlic
- 4 heads garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cut 1/2" off the pointed end of each bulb.
- Place bulbs onto aluminum foil and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Seal and place into slow cooker.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours or until the garlic is soft.
- Remove and let cool slightly before squeezing the heads to remove the roasted garlic.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Nutritional values are approximate.