This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
I could sit down with a huge bowl of this salad and eat it all day long. It has crunchiness. Creaminess. The pop of peas. And my favorite, Creole mustard. Certainly I’ve seen peas in pasta salad before. But I’d never had potato salad with peas until now. I’ve been missing out, that’s for sure.
I fought the temptation to add crumbled cooked bacon to this wonderful salad. It’s ok if you’re not that strong. Add it and enjoy.
I recently discovered Blue Plate mayonnaise, which I think is the best around. If you can’t find it locally you can pick it up online for a fair price.
Potato Salad With Peas
- Put the potatoes into a saucepan and cover with water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Bring water to a boil, cover and continue boiling until the potatoes are just starting to get tender. Do not overcook them. Start checking them after 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain, place in a large bowl, and let cool.
- Add the chopped eggs, peas and onion. Fold to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Whisk together 2/3 cups of the mayo, the sour cream and mustard in a medium bowl.
- Fold into the potato mixture. Add a bit more mayonnaise if too dry.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Nutritional values are approximate.