Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
I was cooking a few Italian sausages and peppers for sandwiches on my Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer the other day, and lo and behold, I had two empty skewers remaining. No point in not using up all available space when grilling (er.. roasting in this case), I say. So I boiled a few red potatoes for a few minutes and carefully skewered them. Into the cooker for about 20 minutes and presto change-o… fantastic, tender, moist roasted red potatoes. Roasted red potatoes on the Char-Broil Big Easy are quick and fantastic!
I put just a tad of butter and salt on the finished roasted red potatoes, and sprinkled them with a bit of smoked pepper. They’re great with my Cajun pork tenderloin, also cooked up perfectly on the Char-Broil Big Easy.
Roasted Red Potatoes on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- Fire up your Char-Broil Big Easy. If you don’t have one, you can make these potatoes in the oven instead. Just pre-heat your oven to 400 F.
- Boil the potatoes for about 10 minutes until you can just slide a toothpick through them. You don’t want them too soft or they’ll fall apart when skewered.
- Remove from water and let cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes.
- Gently skewer potatoes (if using a Big Easy, otherwise, just arrange the potatoes on a sheet pan).
- Place potatoes in the Big Easy for about 20 minutes, or cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove and add salt, pepper, and butter, to taste.
Nutritional values are approximate.