This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
I was cooking a few Italian sausages and peppers for sandwiches on my Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer the other day, and lo and behold, I had two empty skewers remaining. No point in not using up all available space when grilling (er.. roasting in this case), I say. So I boiled a few red potatoes for a few minutes and carefully skewered them. Into the cooker for about 20 minutes and presto change-o… fantastic, tender, moist roasted red potatoes. Roasted red potatoes on the Char-Broil Big Easy are quick and fantastic!
I put just a tad of butter and salt on the finished roasted red potatoes, and sprinkled them with a bit of smoked pepper. They’re great with my Cajun pork tenderloin, also cooked up perfectly on the Char-Broil Big Easy.
The bunk bed basket lets you double the amount of cooking space you have on your Big Easy. And it’s easy to take in and out of the cooker too!
Also try my easy roasted potatoes, using the Big Easy.
Roasted Red Potatoes on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- Fire up your Char-Broil Big Easy. If you don’t have one, you can make these potatoes in the oven instead. Just pre-heat your oven to 400 F.
- Boil the potatoes for about 10 minutes until you can just slide a toothpick through them. You don’t want them too soft or they’ll fall apart when skewered.
- Remove from water and let cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes.
- Gently skewer potatoes (if using a Big Easy, otherwise, just arrange the potatoes on a sheet pan).
- Place potatoes in the Big Easy for about 20 minutes, or cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove and add salt, pepper, and butter, to taste.
Nutritional values are approximate.