This is my go-to stuffing for a whole lot of dishes. I use pork chorizo stuffing in baked potatoes, on grilled potato skins, in stuffed mushrooms, dips, omlets, you name it. It’s very versatile and very tasty. It has just enough spicy kick to it but not so much as to overwhelm no matter how I use it.
Here are my tasty mushroom caps with pork chorizo stuffing. Grilled on a cedar plank for even more outstanding flavor.
This recipe makes a big batch of stuffing. I divide it into smaller portions and freeze it so I always have some on hand.
Pork Chorizo Stuffing
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until just starting to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Add the crumbled pork, chorizo, cumin and paprika and cook until the meats are done.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional values are approximate.