Visit my other site, For The Wing, for all things chicken-wing!
Anita and I recently spent a few days in lovely Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania while attending a conference. I made sure I had my ‘to-eat’ list down before leaving, because one thing you can be sure of finding in Pittsburgh: good food. At the top of my list was dry Ranch chicken wings.
No, not dry like ‘ewww, this meat is dry’. Dry as in the wings aren’t tossed in sauce after being cooked. Instead they are dusted with seasoning. The end result is almost like roasted chicken, but with much more pronounced flavors. Now that we are back home, I had to make some of the favorites that I devoured in Pittsburgh, like these Ranch chicken wings, which I first experienced in our hotel bar.
I went with Ranch dressing for the dipping sauce for these Ranch chicken wings, but seriously, you can eat them dry, as-is, with no sauce. There’s no need to drown them in sauce, the flavor stands on its own.
Also try my red chile BBQ wings.
I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Ranch Chicken Wings
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings flats and drumettes
- 2 packets Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place the wings into a resealable bag or container.
- Add 1 packet of the Ranch seasoning and the oil.
- Seal and shake well to coat.
- Let wings marinate for 1-3 hours.
- Transfer cooked wings to a bowl and sprinkle with the remaining packet of Ranch seasoning. Toss gently to coat.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutritional values are approximate.