This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
There’s no doubt in our house that this Bourbon Street sauce has quickly become our favorite sauce. We used the first batch of sauce on chicken wings, and they were absolutely fantastic. A bit of sweet, a bit of heat, a hint of bourbon, and a ton of flavor. The very next time I slathered some Bourbon Street sauce on grilled burgers (and on the bacon I put on the burgers). They were just as insanely good as the wings.
From wings, to burgers, to smoked ribs, to pulled pork sandwiches, to grilled chicken, to hot dogs, to whatever you are cooking, this sauce is fantastic. It’s nice and thick, but not so thick to be gloppy. Perfect for brushing on anything. Or squirting for that matter.
Bourbon Street Sauce
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add the onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 more minute.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Optional: Let sauce cool slightly and puree in a blender, or use a hand blender to make the sauce super smooth.
Nutritional values are approximate.