These low-carb breakfast cups are the perfect fast morning meal. I usually make a batch on Sunday for the week’s breakfasts. You can mix them up so you don’t get bored. Add chopped spinach. Or mushrooms. Substitute bacon for the sausage. Use egg whites instead of whole eggs. Add a splash of milk. Add some hot sauce. You name it. You can’t go wrong with breakfast cups made on the Char-Broil Big Easy.
You can just as easily bake these breakfast cups in the oven, but I love my Char-Broil Big Easy, and I love cooking with it, so I tossed them into the cooker. For cooking in the oven bake them at 350 F until done.
These cups keep well in the freezer, so make extra and keep some on hand for those days when you just want to grab a quick breakfast. Toss them into the microwave for 30 seconds or so, and it’s time to eat!Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Breakfast Cups on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage bulk (not links), cooked, crumbled
- handful cheddar cheese
- Your favorite seasoning like Mrs Dash
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Spray ramekins with non-stick spray.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl. Use a fork to beat them.
- Add in the sausage and cheese, along with your favorite seasoning to taste.
- Use a fork to combine everything.
- Divide mixture between the ramekins.
- Place 3 ramekins in the Big Easy basket and the other 3 in the bunk bed. Lower into the Big Easy and cook for 20-30 minutes or until the eggs are done. I test them using a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, they are done.
- Remove from the Big Easy and let cool before handling. The eggs should pop right out of the ramekins. If not, run a knife along the edges to loosen them then turn them over to remove the egg mixture.
Nutritional values are approximate.