This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Well, it doesn’t get much easier than these easy cheesy breadsticks. In about 15 minutes you’ll have a nice big batch of crunchy, tasty breadsticks. This recipe makes enough breadsticks for a small crowd, perfect for a large family meal. Or it makes enough for a very small number of people that really enjoy great breadsticks!
The pre-made dough is what makes this so simple to make. You can also use fresh pizza dough, but you might have to adjust the amounts of the other ingredients. I served these easy cheesy breadsticks with our homemade pizza sauce, but you can use jarred if you want. They’d also be great served with marinara sauce, warmed. You can also serve them with warmed cheese sauce. Or both now that I think about it!
For a spicy version, use shredded pepper jack or habanero jack cheese in place of the Italian cheese blend.
I highly recommend that you shred or grate your own cheese at home. Don’t buy the pre-shredded or pre-grated stuff. It has stuff added to it to keep it from sticking together. That ‘stuff’ affects how the cheese melts. Shred it yourself and use the good stuff.
Also try my chipotle garlic cheese bread.
Easy Cheesy Breadsticks
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Unroll pizza dough onto a greased cookie sheet and press out until thin.
- Combine garlic salt and butter and brush over top of the dough.
- Sprinkle cheeses and basil over the top of the dough.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 12 strips, and then cut them in half. Do not pull the strips apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Re-cut the strips and pull them apart.
- Serve sticks warm with warmed pizza or marinara sauce.
Nutritional values are approximate.