Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
I rarely eat baked potatoes as a side. Instead, I prefer to cook up a big ole Russet potato, load it up with all of my favorite toppings, and eat it as the main course. They are truly one of my favorite foods. I like my potatoes done perfectly, with a slightly crunch skin. If I’m cooking them indoors, in the oven, I follow the recipe for the Best Baked Potatoes. They always come out fantastic. This time I decided to see if I could get the same great results cooking potatoes on my Char-Broil Big Easy. And boy, did I ever get great results. These potatoes were as great as (if not a bit better than) the potatoes made in the oven. Creamy insides, slightly crunchy skin, just absolutely perfect.
I didn’t want to bury the flavor of these great baked potatoes on the Char-Broil Big Easy, so I topped them simply: a bit of crumbled cooked bacon, a little butter, a dollop of sour cream, cheese, and a few green onions. Perfection. These bakers go great with my Big Easy all-American meatloaf.
Want to make bakers on a regular ole grill? You can!
Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Baked Potatoes on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 2 Russet potatoes
- olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Your favorite potato toppings
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Rinse the potatoes under cold water and brush off any dirt. Dry well with a paper towel.
- Pierce each potato 4 times with a sharp knife.
- Lightly brush the potatoes with oil.
- Sprinkle some salt onto a plate and roll the potatoes in the salt.
- Place potatoes into the Big Easy cooking basket.
- Bake until potatoes are done (210 F internal temperature, or tender all the way through when poked with a knife), 40-60 minutes depending on their size. You can also test for doneness by squeezing the potatoes (with potholders on). If they give easily, they are done.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Nutritional values are approximate.
2 thoughts on “Baked Potatoes on the Char-Broil Big Easy”
Going to try it tomorrow along with pork roast ..will let ya know
Absolutely Best baked potatoes ever, in my Big Easy cooker!
I’ve been doing it for about 2 years now,..
i use olive oil, seasoned salt and a bit of my favorite spices on the skin.
Slightly crispy skin, quite soft potato, Ready for embellish!
I do recommend: Let the potato cool a little bit, slice in half, then spoon the potato inside using a bit of butter, and some shredded cheese.
Then, embellish the top!
And/ or, put the extras, without embellish in a sealable container for tomorrow’s microwaveable lunch.
Very Healthy and Very Tasty!