Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
I rarely eat baked potatoes as a side. Instead, I prefer to cook up a big ole Russet potato, load it up with all of my favorite toppings, and eat it as the main course. They are truly one of my favorite foods. I like my potatoes done perfectly, with a slightly crunch skin. If I’m cooking them indoors, in the oven, I follow the recipe for the Best Baked Potatoes. They always come out fantastic. This time I decided to see if I could get the same great results cooking potatoes on my Char-Broil Big Easy. And boy, did I ever get great results. These potatoes were as great as (if not a bit better than) the potatoes made in the oven. Creamy insides, slightly crunchy skin, just absolutely perfect.
I didn’t want to bury the flavor of these great baked potatoes on the Char-Broil Big Easy, so I topped them simply: a bit of crumbled cooked bacon, a little butter, a dollop of sour cream, cheese, and a few green onions. Perfection. These bakers go great with my Big Easy all-American meatloaf.
Want to make bakers on a regular ole grill? You can!
Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Baked Potatoes on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 2 Russet potatoes
- olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Your favorite potato toppings
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Rinse the potatoes under cold water and brush off any dirt. Dry well with a paper towel.
- Pierce each potato 4 times with a sharp knife.
- Lightly brush the potatoes with oil.
- Sprinkle some salt onto a plate and roll the potatoes in the salt.
- Place potatoes into the Big Easy cooking basket.
- Bake until potatoes are done (210 F internal temperature, or tender all the way through when poked with a knife), 40-60 minutes depending on their size. You can also test for doneness by squeezing the potatoes (with potholders on). If they give easily, they are done.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Nutritional values are approximate.