This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
I love a spicy bean dip. Served up with a big ole bowl of warmed tortilla chips. Melted cheese, refried beans, spicy sausage, and lots of heat. I made this Mexican bean dip on the Char-Broil Big Easy in no time at all. You can make it in your oven too, just as easily. But making it outdoors is so much more fun!
This dip is not shy on heat. You can tone it back by using regular chorizo instead of hot (or substitute ground beef or sausage) and skipping the jalapenos.
Disposable mini meatloaf pans are great for cooking up dishes like this Mexican Bean Dip on the Char-Broil Big Easy. You can fit 4 of them on the cooker at once if you use the Big Easy Bunk Bed basket. That’s enough to feed a small crowd for sure.
Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Mexican Bean Dip on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 1 pound chorizo sausage
- ½ medium red onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 6 ounce refried beans
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- ½ pound shredded cheese I used a combination of taco and Mexican cheese
- Black olives sliced
- Green onion sliced
- Tortilla chips warmed
- Crumble the sausage into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until almost done.
- Add the onion and garlic and continue cooking until the meat is done.
- Stir in the beans, cumin and oregano. Remove from heat.
- Fire up your Big Easy (or preheat your oven to 350 F if cooking in the oven).
- Divide the meat mixture between the pans.
- Divide the hot jalapenos and taco sauce between the pans.
- Place into the Big Easy or oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add cheese to the tops of the dips and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Top with olives and green onion and serve with warm tortilla chips.
Nutritional values are approximate.