This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
As much as I prefer cooking outdoors, I still love cooking dishes inside in a slow cooker, specially on days when the weather is a bit questionable. Preparation is almost always simple, even though the final results can be quite fantastic. I went into making this slow cooker ravioli lasagna thinking it’d be ‘ok’. I came out thinking ‘wow, that was excellent’.
All the flavors of a great lasagna, but done so easily with very little effort. The sauce was nice and tasty, the ravioli cooked up perfectly, and of course, there was ooey-gooey cheese.
You can substitute frozen raviolis if you like. Nothing beats the taste of fresh ravioli in this slow cooker ravioli lasagna. Even though this is a quick not-much-from-scratch dish, there’s no reason to not add some fresh ingredients. Fresh ravioli can be found in a tiny fridge in the pasta aisle in our local grocery store.
It’s possible that I added a few pinches of red pepper flake to this lasagna because, well, I like a little kick in everything I make. I left it out of the recipe below.
Slow Cooker Ravioli Lasagna
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 24 ounce pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 12 ounce fresh ravioli I used one package of mushroom ravioli and one package of cheese ravioli
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Crumble in the sausage and cook until almost done.
- Add the garlic, garlic powder, salt and pepper and cook another minute.
- Add in the pasta sauce, Italian seasoning, basil and oregano.
- Add a layer of the meat mixture to a slow cooker.
- Top with some of the ravioli.
- Add another layer of meat followed by more ravioli. Continue until all of the meat and ravioli are used.
- Cook for 4 hours on low.
- Top with cheese and cook 1 more hour until the cheese is melted.
Nutritional values are approximate.