This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
All the flavors of pizza in a casserole, made in a slow cooker. There’s plenty of cheese and pepperoni so you can overlook the lack of a crunchy crust. The perfect one-pot meal on a rainy, cool late winter evening. You can make it more ‘your way’ by adding Canadian bacon, mushrooms, different cheeses… whatever you prefer.
Be careful to not overcook the pasta. Pasta is not the most slow cooker-friendly item in the world. If you over cook the pasta it will become mushy. Not happy mushy either. So error on the side of caution and serve this slow cooker pizza casserole as soon as the pasta is cooked. It’s sorta like my pizza pasta bake, but with a twist.
Also check out my slow cooker ravioli lasagna. It has all the flavors of lasagna in a simple slow cooker dish.
Slow Cooker Pizza Casserole
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- ½ medium sweet onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 28 ounce crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces pepperoni sliced, divided
- 1 small green bell pepper. chopped
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese shredded, divided (plus more for garnish if desired)
- 2 cups pasta
- parsley chopped, for garnish
- Parmesan freshly grated, for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Crumble in the sausage and cook until almost done.
- Add the onion and cook until the meat is completely done.
- Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Transfer meat to a slow cooker set to low.
- Stir in the tomatoes, water, all but 12 slices of the pepperoni, the oregano, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of the cheese. Mix well.
- Add the pasta and stir.
- Top with the remaining pepperoni and cheese and cover.
- Cook for 5 hours and serve garnished with parsley, Parmesan and more mozzarella cheese.
Nutritional values are approximate.