This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
I made mini pumpkin cheesecakes for Thanksgiving. They were a big hit. That got me jonesin’ for a more traditional cheesecake. So, that’s what I made! I love making mini classic cheesecakes on my Char-Broil Big Easy. It can’t get much easier.
The Big Easy does cook at a high temperature, so you do have to make sure you don’t overcook the cheesecakes, but it’s still easy. You’ll be rewarded with smooth creamy cheesecake with that light vanilla flavor. Perfect. And all in a single-serve size, so you’re not quite as tempted (maybe) to have more than one.
I am not a baker. Not even close. However, I found these mini classic cheesecakes on the Char-Broil Big Easy to be very easy to make. I did learn a few things along the way. You really need to make sure you don’t overcook them. Furthermore, do not let them go over 150 F. And, they may crack a bit no matter how hard you try. That’s ok, the cracks add character.
Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Mini Classic Cheesecakes on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- Place the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla into a mixer and beat until blended.
- With the mixer still running on low speed, add the eggs one-at-a-time until blended.
- Divide mixture between the crusts. Depending on how full you fill them you might not need all 18 crusts.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Working in batches, add pies to the basket and bunk bed basket and lower into the Big Easy.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145-150 F. Use an instant-read thermometer to test the temperature. Do not overcook. The cheesecakes will continue cooking just a bit after being removed from the Big Easy.
- Remove and let cool.
Nutritional values are approximate.