Well, yes, I do usually make my Philly cheese steak sandwiches with thin-sliced rib eye steak. But I came upon some nicely-priced beef tenderloin, and since I had some odd-shaped pieces left after trimming it to make filet mignon, I decided to cook up this crazy good deluxe Philly cheese steak. It’s like the classic, but with a really fancy twist. Super tender, super flavorful.
I love the addition of garlic salt to this deluxe Philly cheese steak. It adds a nice different flavor beyond just salt and black pepper. Don’t go crazy with the garlic salt, but make sure to add enough to taste it.
For a twist, grill your Philly cheese steak!
Deluxe Philly Cheese Steak
It’s like the classic, but with a really fancy twist. Super tender, super flavorful.
Servings 4 sandwiches
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper seeded, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound beef tenderloin sliced very thin
- 4 slices Mozzarella cheese sliced, or more
- 1 loaf French bread split. or 4 separate Italian soft rolls
- Add the oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the onion, bell peppers, garlic salt and pepper and saute until just tender. Remove to a bowl or plate and set aside.
- Add the steak to the skillet and fry until browned.
- Add the onion and pepper mixture back in and stir.
- Cover meat with the cheese.
- Spoon mixture onto bread and serve.
Calories: 716kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 1056mg | Potassium: 664mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1238IU | Vitamin C: 65mg | Calcium: 209mg | Iron: 7mg
Nutritional values are approximate.