I really should’ve listened to my inner voice. You know the one. The one that says “You should make a double batch of these bacon-wrapped shrimp on the Char-Broil Big Easy“. But I didn’t listen. I fired up my cooker and made just one batch. One little ole batch. I knew as soon as the bacon started cooking that I was in a for a treat. In almost no time I was enjoying hot, tender, moist shrimp wrapped in tasty bacon, seasoned with my favorite Fire-Eater rub, dipped in a cool remoulade sauce. You can’t beat it.
Darn near anything wrapped in bacon is good. Bacon-wrapped shrimp and cooked on the Char-Broil Big Easy is crazy good. Try my bacon-wrapped appetizer sausages. Or bacon-wrapped Brussels sprouts. And of course, bacon-wrapped tater tots.
Stainless steel oyster shells are great for cooking shrimp on the Big Easy. Try my BBQ shrimp, you’ll love them!
Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- Stick the bacon into the freezer for 15 minutes to make it easier to slice.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Slice the bacon into thirds and wrap around the shrimp.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with the seasoning and place into the Big Easy basket.
- Cook in the Big Easy for 20 minutes for large shrimp. Do not overcook or the shrimp will get tough.
- Remove and let cool for 10 minutes to help crisp up the bacon.
- Serve with remoulade sauce for dipping.
Nutritional values are approximate.