This spicy Creole remoulade is fantastic on crab cakes, or slather it on a bun for a great po’ boy! There’s some kick from the horseradish and mustard … and hot sauce! This is not some light, laid-back, weak remoulade at all!
It’s great on my crab cakes with shrimp!
Spicy Creole Remoulade
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Creole mustard or Dijon
- 1 teaspoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish to taste
- 2 tablespoons white onion minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley minced
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- kosher salt to taste
- hot sauce to taste
- Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate for one hour before using.
Nutritional values are approximate.