This spicy Creole remoulade is fantastic on crab cakes, or slather it on a bun for a great po’ boy! There’s some kick from the horseradish and mustard … and hot sauce! This is not some light, laid-back, weak remoulade at all!
It’s great on my crab cakes with shrimp!
I recently discovered Blue Plate mayonnaise, which I think is the best around. If you can’t find it locally you can pick it up online for a fair price.
Spicy Creole Remoulade
Spicy Creole remoulade.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Creole mustard or Dijon
- 1 teaspoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish to taste
- 2 tablespoons white onion minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley minced
- ½ teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- kosher salt to taste
- hot sauce to taste
- Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate for one hour before using.
Calories: 27kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 147mg | Potassium: 119mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 641IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.