Dangerous. That’s one word for this antipasto flatbread pizza. I can’t be trusted around it. Everything good is on each and every slice. I could’ve used the same toppings on a ‘regular’ pizza crust, but we prefer flatbread pizzas. Crunchier. Lower in carbs (so I can eat more). And well, kind of fun to eat. They also make for great appetizers. Big honkin’ slices of thick crust pizza aren’t the best appetizers.
There’s no real sauce on this antipasto flatbread pizza. But, it is definitely not dry. Go crazy with the toppings, but if you do use lots of ‘wet’ ingredients, like marinated peppers or olives, drain them a bit before putting them onto the pizza. Flatbread can get soggy if you overload it with sauce or moist toppings.
I highly recommend that you shred or grate your own cheese at home. Don’t buy the pre-shredded or pre-grated stuff. It has stuff added to it to keep it from sticking together. That ‘stuff’ affects how the cheese melts. Shred it yourself and use the good stuff.
Also try my grilled chicken flatbread pizza.
Antipasto Flatbread Pizza
Toppings (divide equally between the two flatbreads)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup cheese shredded. Mozzarella, provolone, Italian blend, whatever you prefer
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- red pepper flakes
- 8 slices Genoa salami sliced thin or chopped
- 2 slices prosciutto sliced thin, torn or chopped
- Pepper rings to taste
- ¼ cup artichoke hearts small, drained, chopped
- black olives to taste, chopped or sliced
Other topping ideas
- 2 roasted red peppers chopped
- pepperoni sliced thin or chopped
- smoked ham sliced thin or chopped
- sopressata ham sliced thin, torn or chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place flatbreads on baking sheets and bake for 2 minutes. Flip and bake for another 2 minutes to get crusts slightly crunchy. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Sprinkle both flatbreads with the garlic powder
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese has melted and crust is crunchy.
- Place under broiler for 30 seconds or so if you want a little char on the toppings.
- Slice and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.