Boy howdy, these Buffalo wings made on the Char-Broil Big Easy came out great! 30 minutes marinating, 30 or so minutes cooking and it’s time to devour some traditional-flavored wings. I used the Big Easy Cooking Rack, which lets you cook on up to 6 different levels, enough room for a family pack (around 4 pounds) of wings. You can also use the standard Big Easy basket along with the bunk bed basket, but you won’t be able to cook as many wings at once.
I did ‘finish’ the wings on a grill to get a little char and crisp, but doing so is completely optional. These Buffalo wings are fantastic right off the Big Easy. If a little crunch is what you want do what I did and put them over high heat on a grill for a few minutes before serving.
I’ve had great fun cooking with the new rack. Check out my thoughts on it here. Make sure that you put the wings on in a way that you don’t overload one side of the rack or they might tip. Start in the center and work your way out, balancing the wings as you go.Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Buffalo Wings on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 4 pounds chicken wings separated
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup Frank's Original hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the wings into a large resealable bag or container.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Let cool slightly. Pour all but 1/4 cup of the marinade onto the chicken. Save the 1/4 cup for finishing the wings later.
- Seal the chicken and toss to coat. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Add chicken to the cook racks and lower into the cooker.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes or until chicken is done. Note that depending on conditions, chicken at the top of the rack may cook quicker or later than those on the bottom. Don't just check one piece for doneness.
- NOTE: At this point, you can if you wish, transfer the chicken to a hot grill to get a nice char and a little crunch on the wings. It's completely optional, though.
- Remove chicken and place into a large bowl.
- Add the reserved marinade and toss to coat.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutritional values are approximate.