Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Since I picked up a cooking rack for my Char-Broil Big Easy I’ve been able to cook all sorts of dishes that I used to have to reserve for indoor cooking. I love being able to cook an entire meal outdoors, and that means sides too. And not just your usual outdoor sides like corn-on-the-cob, or grilled veggies. This bang bang cauliflower dish cooks up in less than 40 minutes. The breading gives the florets just a bit of crunch. And the dipping sauce? Fantastic. Creamy, with just a hint of a spicy kick.
Depending on conditions, you may have to rotate the pans in the Big Easy as the cauliflower cooks so that each one cooks evenly. If you don’t have a cooking rack you can use the Bunk Bed Basket from Char-Broil, but you won’t be able to cook quite as much cauliflower at once. Whatever you do, do not over-crowd the florets or they will not cook completely.
Bang Bang Cauliflower on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 1 head cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
- 3 cups bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 large eggs beaten
- parsley chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Combine bread crumbs and salt in a pie plate.
- Place eggs into another pie plate.
- Working in batches, roll cauliflower florets in the egg. Shake off excess then roll in the bread crumbs. Transfer to the pie pans for the Big Easy.
- Cook in the Big Easy for 20-25 minutes. Keep an eye on the pans on the lower levels as they may brown quicker. I had to rotate my trays after 15 minutes to get nice even cooking.
- Remove and let cool slightly before garnishing and serving with the dipping sauce.
For the dipping sauce
- Whisk together all ingredients.
Nutritional values are approximate.