A few years ago the Big 10 basketball tournament was held here in Indianapolis. As part of the event, the Levy restaurant group in Chicago produced unique hot dogs that highlight each of the Big 10 teams. I came across a copy of the list of the dogs recently, and just had to make each of them. The Wisconsin Badger cheesy hot dog packs on the cheese and… Cheetos on a hot dog?! Brilliant! All topped with delicious pepper relish. Crunchy yumminess!
Putting Cheetos on a hot dog not only makes them even more yummy it makes them even more fun to eat. You can’t go wrong with this Wisconsin Badger cheesy hot dog. All the tastiest things in one bite! For a twist, top these dogs with my caramel crunchy Cheetos!
For a full list of all of the Big 10 team hot dogs, click here and enjoy!
Wisconsin Badger Cheesy Hot Dog
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 handful Cheetos
- 1 cup cheddar cheese sauce warmed
- Pepper relish
- Cook or grill the dogs as desired.
- Toast the buns, if desired (I always do).
- Add Pepper jack and provolone cheeses to the buns.
- Add dogs to buns.
- Add Cheetos, drizzle with the cheese sauce and spoon on some relish.
Nutritional values are approximate.