Indianapolis recently hosted the Big 10 basketball tournament. As part of the event, the Levy restaurant group in Chicago produced unique hot dogs that highlight each of the Big 10 teams. I came across a copy of the list of the dogs recently, and just had to make each of them. These Minnesota Gopher hot dogs were fantastic. Spicy chili, crunchy onions, even crunchier Fritos, and ooey gooey cheese sauce. Nice and messy, like a great dog is supposed to be!
For a full list of all of the Big 10 team hot dogs, click here and enjoy!
Minnesota Gopher Hot Dog
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 cup chili warmed
- 1 cup cheese sauce warmed
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 handful Fritos
- Cook or grill the dogs as desired.
- Toast the buns, if desired (I always do).
- Add dogs to buns.
- Top with chili and cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle with onion and Fritos and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.