This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Sure, I’ve made bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers. A lot of times. And I love them. But not everyone loves a little kick in their appetizers like I do, so that’s when these sausage-stuffed peppers on the Char-Broil Big Easy take the stage. The peppers get a nice little char on them. They have a little sweetness to them. The sausages bring a wonderful smokiness, and they kind of ‘pop’ when you bite into them. That’s a bit unexpected. The cream cheese? Well, it’s creamy. All wrapped in bacon goodness with a sprinkle of rub.
I used the rub for my root beer can chicken on these sausage-stuffed peppers on the Char-Broil Big Easy. The rub has a little smoky flavor to it, along with a bit of garlic and just a very, very small hint of spiciness. Not enough to offend those that prefer mellower snacks.
Also try my Southwestern-stuffed peppers made on the Big Easy.
Sausage-Stuffed Peppers on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove any seeds and membranes.
- Divide the cream cheese between the peppers.
- Add the sausages and press down slightly to fit snuggly inside the peppers.
- Wrap the peppers with the bacon and sprinkle with the rub.
- Place into the Big Easy basket and bunk bed basket and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon starts to crisp and the peppers have softened.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.