This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Not many folks think about grilling radishes. But, the radishes have a certain ‘wow’ factor when you serve them. They look like baby beets or turnips. Grilling them mellows them a bit, making them nice and sweet and really quite addicting. Grilled radishes are a nice change from the way radishes are normally served: cold on top of a green salad. Do not expect the heat and bite and crunch of raw radishes, you won’t be getting that. You’ll be getting better!
You can also serve grilled radishes cold. Just cook them them put them into a container in the fridge for a few hours to cool. They’re great on salads and they’re great just to snack on. You expect that cold, almost spicy, radish flavor but instead get something much more mellow and totally different. It’s a welcome change. Once you do this you’ll want to serve your radishes like this forever.
I recommend that you use a grill basket when making this dish. It makes cooking easier and you don’t have to worry about anything falling through the grates. And cleanup is easier too!
For something even more different that these, try the exact same technique using black radishes.
- Fire up your grill for direct grilling.
- Tear off a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Add radishes to the center of the foil. Sprinkle with the garlic, butter, and salt and pepper.
- Top the radishes with the ice cube.
- Fold the edges of the foil over and pinch to seal.
- Place on the grill for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Serve immediately with more salt and pepper.
Nutritional values are approximate.