I am kind of addicted to these grilled potato skins. I’ve always loved potato skins, but I admit, I don’t think about them enough to really make them that often. Until now, when I decided to start making them on the grill. They’re one of the easiest appetizers (or side dishes) you can make, and they’re super tasty. These chipotle pulled pork grilled potato skins are seriously loaded with chipotle smokiness and heat along with one of my favorite things of all time, pulled pork.
There’s no such thing as a bad bite when you dig into these potato skins. You can also substitute pulled BBQ chicken or chopped smoked brisket, but make sure you keep that chipotle theme going by using a chipotle-infused BBQ sauce.
Also try my more traditional potato skins.
Chipotle Pulled Pork Grilled Potato Skins
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup pulled pork BBQ warmed
- 1/4 cup chipotle BBQ sauce don't have any? Add chipotles in adobi, to taste, to your favorite BBQ sauce and mix, or make my strawberry chipotle BBQ sauce, leaving out the strawberries (or leave them in, they're actually quite good!)
- 3 strips bacon cooked, crumbled
- 2 green onions chopped
- sour cream
- Cut each potato lengthwise into four wedges. Don't make the wedges too thick. If you are using very large potatoes you might have a center portion leftover for other uses.
- Using a spoon or melon baller, scrape out the potato insides, leaving 1/4" or so left.
- Place on a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 6-10 minutes or until tender.
- Fire up your grill for direct and indirect cooking.
- Combine the butter and chipotle powder and brush on all sides of the potatoes.
- Grill the potatoes, cut side down, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until they start to char.
- Turn potatoes over and top with cheese. Grill another 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Combine the pulled pork and BBQ sauce.
- Serve topped with the warmed pulled pork, bacon, green onions, and sour cream as desired.
Nutritional values are approximate.