This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
My goodness. Putting a bowl of these balsamic pretzel bites in front of me requires me to exercise self-control like I’ve rarely been forced to do before. Balsamic pretzel bites are a totally different take on the usual salty, often cheesy, tasty morsels. The balsamic glaze takes about 20 minutes to make, but it’s so worth the effort. You want the glaze to be a bit thick, thick enough that it sticks to the back of a spoon. The tart sweetness of the balsamic vinegar works perfectly on pretzels.
You can use any glaze actually. You don’t have to use ‘just’ balsamic. I’m contemplating trying some of the same glazes I use even on the grill, such as peach mango habanero, or sweet and spicy apricot. It often pays to think outside the box!
Also try my Ranch sourdough pretzel bites.
Inspired by a recipe from The Food Network.
Balsamic Pretzel Bites
- Place the pretzels in a large bowl.
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons of balsamic glaze over the pretzels.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the cheese and seasoning and toss to coat.
- Serve drizzled with remaining glaze and sprinkled with the remaining cheese.
For the balsamic glaze
- Combine vinegar and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk until the brown sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat and let simmer until reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before using.
Nutritional values are approximate.