You can sit down and eat pretzel bites out of the bag and think, “Hey, these are pretty good”. Or with just a few more ingredients, you can sit down with a bowl of these Ranch sourdough pretzel bites and know that you’ve just had something truly incredible. Each bite has a hint of butter. A hint of herby Ranch dressing, and a really awesome citrusy pepper flavor that’s just barely there, but oh does it make a difference.
I often make appetizers like these Ranch sourdough pretzel bites using just oil, or melted butter. I recently came across the idea of using popcorn oil, which of course combines both oil and butter. The flavor is more fantastic, and it doesn’t get any easier than just measuring the oil out of a bottle. I’ll definitely make all my snacks this way from here on.
I couldn’t find my lemon pepper seasoning (I am reminded that someday, maybe, I’ll arrange the spices in my pantry in alphabetical or at least some sensible order). I substituted lime pepper seasoning I have to say it was fantastic. The citrus flavor in either case isn’t going to scream out at it, it just adds that special something.
Looking for something else to much on during the big game? Make a batch of my baseball opening day cashews. They won’t last long!
Ranch Sourdough Pretzel Bites
- 1 16 ounce pretzel bites
- ½ cup popcorn oil Orville Redenbacher
- 1 ½ tablespoons Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing Mix half of a packet
- ½ tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning lime pepper is also fantastic!
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Preheat your oven to 200 F.
- Place pretzel bites in large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil, Ranch dressing mix, lemon pepper, garlic powder and dill weed.
- Pour the oil mixture over the pretzels and toss to coat well.
- Pour pretzels bites out onto a large baking pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour, tossing every 20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.