There’s one rule I have about meatloaf: the veggies have to be chunky. I want some crunch to offset what is essentially a large brick-of-meat. Nothing wrong with a brick of meat, but put some nice chunky vegetables in it. This easy Creole meatloaf hit the spot and it definitely did not break my meatloaf rule. Great flavor. Moist. And just a hint of spiciness.
Now, I will say that leftover super chunky easy Creole meatloaf does make for a pretty messy sandwich. But then, who really sits around dreaming of a nice, neat leftover meatloaf sandwich? Not me. It is not something to be ashamed of if you have to go open-faced with your meatloaf sandwich.
Easy Creole Meatloaf
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 slices white bread
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon ketchup plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place the bread in a large bowl and add the milk. Let soak for a few minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bread except for half of the ketchup and combine well.
- Form into a loaf in the baking dish.
- Spread the remaining ketchup over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 -10 minutes before slicing.
Nutritional values are approximate.