I could’ve just opened a few tubes of cinnamon rolls and baked them for Anita to take into the office to treat her co-workers. But that’s just not me. Nothing wrong with a tube of cinnamon rolls (as I’m about to prove). They just need a little help to be even more awesome and this cinnamon French toast bake is definitely more awesome. Fluffy rolls in a cinnamon egg maple French toast batter, covered with chopped pecans, maple syrup and icing. It’s enough to make the other cinnamon rolls sitting in tubes jealous.
There’s nothing I would change about this recipe. Sure this cinnamon French toast bake isn’t light. It’s not low on calories. But it’s mighty good. And since the rolls are cut into small pieces before you bake them you can easily cut and serve smaller portions. If you want to that is.
Also try my brioche French toast.
Cinnamon French Toast Bake
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Pour melted butter into a 13″ x 9″ baking dish.
- Open both cans of rolls. Separate the rolls and cut each into four pieces. Place pieces into the baking dish.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Whisk in the cream, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour over the tops of the cinnamon rolls.
- Sprinkle nuts over tops of rolls and drizzle with 1 cup of the syrup.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle remaining syrup over rolls.
- Microwave the icing containers on half power for 10-15 seconds. Drizzle over rolls.
Nutritional values are approximate.