Weak. I was just nothing but weak when I sat down in front of a bowl of this chocolate peanut butter ice cream. I should’ve stopped eating it long before I did, but I couldn’t. Packed with chocolately flavor and peanut butter creaminess, this is seriously yummy ice cream. This is not diet ice cream, either. That’s probably why it’s sooooo good.
I love nuts in ice cream, but I did not use crunchy peanut butter when I made this. If you’re tempted to add nuts, do it after you’ve made the ice cream. Just fold it in. Roasted peanuts or chopped pecans are best.
I use my old trusty ice cream maker. It’s not fru-fru fancy, and it doesn’t have a bunch of buttons and flashing lights, but it’s a real workhorse.
Also try my butter pecan ice cream and my homemade strawberry ice cream!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 2 cups half and half
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup white sugar
- pinch kosher salt
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter do NOT use crunchy
- Whisk together the half and half, cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a large sauce pan
- Heat over medium-high until boiling and starting to foam.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in the peanut butter until blended and smooth.
- Chill in fridge for at least 1 hour then process in your ice cream maker.
Nutritional values are approximate.