Weak. I was just nothing but weak when I sat down in front of a bowl of this chocolate peanut butter ice cream. I should’ve stopped eating it long before I did, but I couldn’t. Packed with chocolately flavor and peanut butter creaminess, this is seriously yummy ice cream. This is not diet ice cream, either. That’s probably why it’s sooooo good.
I love nuts in ice cream, but I did not use crunchy peanut butter when I made this. If you’re tempted to add nuts, do it after you’ve made the ice cream. Just fold it in. Roasted peanuts or chopped pecans are best.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter do NOT use crunchy
- Whisk together the half and half, cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a large sauce pan
- Heat over medium-high until boiling and starting to foam.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in the peanut butter until blended and smooth.
- Chill in fridge for at least 1 hour then process in your ice cream maker.
Nutritional values are approximate.